SMOOTH LUBE IS X-SAUCE’S LUBRICANT FOR SUSPENSION POSTS, FORK SEALS AND SEAT POST DROPPERS.
Suspensions usually work well during the first month of use but after that, the fork seal lubricant dries up and the oil inside the suspension fork is unable to lubricate the external part of the fork and the suspension posts, which are those most affected by dirt and dust. By keeping the external parts of your posts and fork seals lubricated with Smooth Lube, your suspension will feel like brand new extending its life and performance.
This is an inert lubricant which will not affect the rubber parts of the fork seal. The lube has very low surface tension and viscosity for optimal absorption, high evaporation index that doesn’t leave behind residuals which attract dirt, immiscible with most organic materials, water repellent, anti-adherent and surface protector.
- Apply one or two drops to the top of each post or piston, far from the fork seal, so that the oil drips downwards towards the fork seal. Use your fingertip to extend this oil over the suspension post or piston.
- Compress the suspension several times.
- Clean any remaining dirt from the suspension posts.
- Apply another drop to each post (only after cleaning any remaining dirt).
- Let sit for the remaining lube to evaporate.
Never lubricate in excess to avoid attracting dirt. We always recommend lubricating your bike suspension several hours before use or even the day before so that the lube extends, penetrates and dries correctly.